Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Customer care

Customer care according to me is anticipating customers’ demands and delivering them. The company need not be told the obvious by the customer. I came to this conclusion when I was at a Chaat shop with my friend.

This happened quite sometime ago, my friend and I went to a roadside Chaat shop to have some chatpata snacks. We ordered Bhel Puri and some other specialties of the shop. Anywhere in India in these roadside Chaat shops water is not served first, I don’t know why. But in the Chaat shop that I had been to the owner had appointed a boy to serve water only to people who were eating, I had not come across any Chaat shop like this. That shop was particularly famous for its spicy and chatpata taste, so invariably customers would need water to drink water very soon. This boy would promptly serve the water almost at the same time the customer would need it, thus negating the inconvenience for the customer of having to ask the water and then wait till the waiter came or worse in some shops customers would have to fetch the water for themselves.

The owner knew his cuisine well and also the fact that customers would want water and he need not be told that they be served water, so he had hired person specifically for that!  Very smart indeed.

No comments: