Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Enlightenment, courtesy: Classifieds

One afternoon two weeks ago, I was just lazing around, I saw the classifieds page and began reading it. Let me tell you it was an enlightening experience about the present day Indians. You don’t have to read high sounding books or research papers to understand the marriage life of the present generation, just read the classifieds ad.

The Ads did suggest increasing divorce rates. People who were out of marriage in just 6 months had placed Ads. And then there were people who seemed to have made an attempt at weathering the storm had also placed Ads, the USP of these second set of people was “issueless”. Across the board in the Ads by the second set of people the main highlight was “issueless”, that’s why I called it as USP.

And then the Ads by men were just outrageous, they bluntly stated they wanted “fair, beautiful, homely, well educated”. Hey come on guys are you mentioning “Requirement Specifications” of a product? Sorry, I don’t understand any of the adjectives.

At this rate I doubt if we will even have any “functioning” families by the end of this decade?

Good luck to all of us!

No comments: